Enjoy the hidden trails of Delhi
The Asola wildlife sanctuary, situated between Delhi and Faridabad is a beautiful forest area with a number of lakes in it. Till recently, the forest wasn’t on most maps and it was one of those places which couldn’t be found except by those who already knew where it is. In recent times, the lakes and the forest area have become one of the favourite haunts of off-road cyclists, hikers and runners.
The trail takes one through the Asola forest and Wildlife sanctuary. You get to see thousands of butterflies and birds throughout the trail. In addition, there are rabbits and antelopes (blue bulls) which can be seen.
The major lake is known as the Bhardawaj Lake and is quite beautiful and makes up as a good picnic spot. One can even take a quick swim in the lake. Just further ahead is another lake called CITM about 1.5 km from the Bhardwaj lake which is one of the 9 such lakes in the forest.
At a Glance
- Starting time and place: Summers 6:00AM, winters 7:00 AM from Asola forest area. Meeting point coordinates will be shared 1 day before the event.
- What to carry: Drinking water and your camera. A small backpack with a bottle of water/ juice/ energy bars will be sufficient.
- Hike duration: 3.5 – 4 hours
- Location: Asola Wildlife Sanctuary on the border of Delhi & Faridabad
- Hike type: Trail ride with rocky gravel tracks, lots of bumps and bends. Add to that a forest full of thorny Kikar bushes
- The area: The area is a part of Asola wildlife reserve. A number of bird and butterfly species are found in this area. If you’re lucky, you might be able to spot a Neelgai or a Deer during the ride.
- Group Size: Minimum group size of 4.
- Dressing up for the hike: For summers, T-shirts/ dry fit jerseys would suffice. In winters, T-shirt or dry fit jersey and a sweatshirt on top and depending upon the person, a light jacket to layer up. If you feel warm, remove the jacket and keep it in your backpack.
Footwear: Sport shoes only. No flip flops/ sandals/ floaters allowed for this hike.
INR 950/- per person