Matikochar is a beautiful meadow which is a short and easy trek from Manali. One gets amazing panoramic views of the Kullu valley from the meadows and also the snow clad Himalayan peaks visible from here.
The starry night skies above and the well lit valley below make for a surreal view and will leave you spellbound with its beauty and grandiose.
At a glance
The trek to Matikochar begins from the Jana village which is around 30 km from Manali. It is a beautiful walk through small villages and Thick forests of Pine and Deodar. The trek provides a beautiful view of the Kullu valley and the snow clad Himalayan peaks.
Camp overnight at Matikochar.
Today we go on a beautiful hike to the small natural lakes at Phutasor. The hike is steep initially but becomes gradual and takes us through the dense forest of pine, oak and rhododendron, and beautiful meadows.
We hike back to our camp at Matikochar in the evening.
We trek back to the Jana village, from there you’ll be driven back to Manali.
INR 7,500/- per person
Be prepared for
- 5-7 hours of trekking each day (easy)
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho)
- Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk at the altitudes and for the durations mentioned