Kheer Ganga lies in the enchanting Parvati Valley and is the last inhabited village on the Parvati side of Pin-Parvati trek. It remains completely snow- covered during the winters and has a hot water spring.
The trek itself is very pleasant and offers some exhilarating views. As you climb up, the vegetation changes dramatically and opens up into a flatland that is speckled by the occasional tent, a few guest houses & cafes and a temple dedicated to Shiva.
Trekkers are rewarded at the end of this trek with a unique experience of bathing in hot water spring amidst snow-covered surroundings (in winters). In summers, the experience of dipping in the hot water spring is no less surreal!
At a glance
Duration: 2 night/3 days
- Maximum elevation: 3,000 meters
Starting point: Delhi. The group will meet at a central location in Delhi on Day 0 and take the bus to Bhuntar
- Trail: Gradual climb with an elevation gain of 1000 meters
- Terrain: Meadows and pine forests
- Average walking per day: 4 to 5 hours
Afternoon: Arrive at campsite and have a scrumptious lunch. We then take you to explore Kasol. Lay back, relax and explore Israeli culture flowing through the heart of Kasol. We then head to the local flea market – great for souvenirs and trinkets to pick up for friends and family!
Evening: We either go for a dip in the Natural Hot Water Springs OR take a guided hike to the crystal clear Parvati River going through beautiful rustic villages.
Night: Dinner, drinks, bonfire and bonding! Stay overnight at campsite.
Morning: A hearty breakfast and a drive to Barshaini. Today we’ll trek to Kheerganga!
Afternoon: Trekking from the Twin Villages of Pulga and Kalga. This trek is the path less taken. Beautiful and dangerous terrain – best explored with our experienced guide! You will see untouched natural pools with a backdrop of mountains blanketed in snow with many waterfalls and surreal rock formations as you go along. An traditional lunch in the village while listening to Himachali folk songs.
Evening: Finally reach Kheerganga! Midway, the water – Rudranag, pure and white like kheer itself! Take pictures and most importantly, take in the beauty. You will never forget this moment.
Night: Another night with your new friends, conversing over bonfire, chilling back at the campsite after a delicious Mountainous dinner!
Overnight at campsite.
Morning: Pinch yourself! You reached Kheerganga and are officially ultra-cool. Relax your sore muscles with another trek downhill!
Afternoon: After the 3 hour trek downhill – although convenient and easy, you get to laugh at people in the group walking like their limbs are made of Jelly! After we reach down, you can stuff yourself with lunch, having burned calories for 2 days! Pick some accessories or cool memorabilia from the markets before we leave.
Early evening: Leave for Delhi.
INR 6,950/- per person (9% service tax applicable on trip price)
Be prepared for
- 4-5 hours of trekking each day
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho)
- Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk at the altitudes and for the durations mentioned