An amazing rafting and hiking weekend in the offbeat Tons Valley. Traverse the non-stop grade 2,3 and 4 rapids on the gorgeous Tons river, eat some delicious food by the river, hike in the pine forests to small waterfalls, swim in hidden forest pools and beat the heat in the super cool climes of the mountains. Bonfires, barbecues and loads of fun are a given.
At a glance
- Duration: 3 nights/ 4 days
- Be Prepared for: Splashing around in forest pools, bonfires, dancing underneath waterfalls, and surreal surroundings
After an early morning arrival at Dehradun, you will go on a 6-7 hour drive through the beautiful mountains to the GoMissing campsite at Tons.
Bonfire and chilling by the river at night
Today you will go on a short hike to the various small waterfalls and pools around the campsite. You can soak and splash around in these secluded forest pools before coming back to the campsite for a hot meal by the roaring campfire.
Serious adrenalin-pumping action on the Tons river. This time we run the entire stretch of the river and go across loads of grade 2, 3 and 4 rapids. The whole river is one huge rapid, unlike the Ganges where there are calm stretches after each rapid.
After another sumptuous breakfast, you can chill at the campsite for a while and hang around soaking in the beauty of the place.
Post that you will be driven back to Doon to catch the evening Shatabdi back to Delhi.
INR 12,450/- per person
Be prepared for
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine; however, nights will be cool. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit)
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Rafting in grade 2, 3 & 4 rapids
- Easy grade hikes (slow paced) and short distances