Easy to Moderate Mountain Biking Trip in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
Kangra Valley in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most picturesque places on earth. Offering commanding views of Dhauladhar range, undulating tea gardens, Kangra along with Bir valley are top places to explore on a mountain bike with GoMissing.
This offbeat mountain biking trip in Bir & Kangra will give you the chance to cycle across mountain ridges, through dense forests and quaint mountain hamlets. In addition to exploring the beautiful valley on cycle, the trip offers spectacular opportunity of paragliding in Bir Valley, a popular location for para gliders from around the world.
Like all our MTB trips, this trip too will have a GoMissing Chief Experience Officer guiding the tour, a bike technician and an escort vehicle accompanying you, wherever you go.
At a glance
- Duration: 3 nights/ 4 days
- Starting point& Ending point: Delhi
- Maximum elevation: Around 2,800 meters
- Trail: Well paved roads – village back roads, small highway stretches, some non technical off road trails
- Average ride duration per day: 4-5 hours
You travel with fellow MTB enthusiasts overnight from Delhi to Bir by road in an air conditioned MPV or an SUV
Reach Bir village in the morning and check into a Guest House.
After some rest, you head out for the first ride. This easy 40-45 km acclimatization ride has mild uphill and downhill sections. You cross a mountain pass and ride along two valleys. You spend the afternoon and evening lazing around in a café enjoying some delicious food and conversation.
Today you will get a chance to ride a mix of broken tarmac sections and non technical single tracks. The day 2 ride has some challenging climbs before you get to the single track section. GoMissing escort vehicle will accompany you all through the ride, so if you find it difficult to ride some sections, you have the comfort of escort vehicle for rest. Back from the ride, you can spend your time hiking with the team or exchanging travel stories with GoMissing crew and fellow cyclists.
You head to Bir Paragliding grounds with your group for an exciting experience of tandem paragliding flight that covers a vertical distance of 1200 meters. After spending first half of the day paragliding, you head out for another cycling ride or can choose to spend the day lazing around in the village.
Between 5 and 6 PM, the group drives overnight to Delhi, arriving in Delhi early morning.
INR 14,500/- (9% Service tax applicable)
Paragliding cost (separate from tip cost): INR 3,000/- The cost includes one tandem flight per person. The flight is a vertical descent of 1200 meters , with a trained and qualified pilot.
Bike rental for the trip: INR 3,200/- per bike. Bikes will be battle ready Scott, Trek, Giant, Merida, Btwin Rockrider, Firefox or equivalent bikes.
If you get your own bike, we’ll transport it free from Delhi to Bir and back.
Make payment (Using PayUMoney’s secure gateway)
Get in touch with us
Learn with GoMissing
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Mountain Biking
- Downhill rides sound easy, but you can easily attain speeds of 50+ kmph on a downhill ride. Be extra careful as there will be a steep valley/ river on one side and a solid mountain of rock on the other and there may be fast moving jeeps and/ or other vehicles just around a blind turn.
- Absolutely DO NOT wear headphones while riding, you won’t be able to hear any approaching vehicles while riding. The wind whooshing by, the river, the forest and the birds anyways sounds way better than anything on a music player
- Train and prepare yourself for the trip. Join our training rides before the trip. Call us to find out more about them
- Carry energy bars/ dry fruit and share! And yes, we will carry a whole bunch of them, so every time you see the escort vehicle, stock up!
- Make sure you are adequately hydrated. Force yourself to drink a lot of water even if you don’t feel thirsty
- Do not remove jackets immediately after rides. Your body temperature will fluctuate drastically and it may lead to fever, uneasiness and other random totally avoidable stuff.
- Apart from the rides mentioned in the itinerary, there will be a number of opportunities to ride/ hike at all the places where we will be staying.
- After the trip, send us some love and share your pictures & videos!
P.S. If you think you are not fit or have some hesitation in joining the trip, we assure you that you won’t be left alone struggling on your mountain bike. Your group leader and most members of the group will be around you and will motivate you to complete the difficult sections. Talk to us and find out what kind of fitness is needed for the trip.