The discerning traveler’s dream come true
Meghalaya, one of the 7 sister states of North East India is bestowed with abundant natural beauty. The unique topography of Meghalaya gives the discerning traveler ample opportunities to explore incredible creations of nature like limestone caves, natural waterfalls, dense forests, river, pools and also incredible man-made creations like the Living Root Bridges.
GoMissing Expeditions invites you to soak in the rich cultural and natural heritage of the Garo, Khansi and Jantiya tribes of Meghalaya on this splendid 8 days tour.
What Makes it so Incredibly Special
- A day of caving: Pitch darkness and a spectacular trek which will show you an incredible world about 150 ft under the ground
- Hikes through lush green forests: Not a soul in sight, just you and nature at her best
- Living root bridges: You probably won’t see such a marvel of bio-engineering anywhere else in the world
- The cleanest village of Asia: Mawlynnong
- Waterfalls which will leave you breathless
- Swimming in natural pools: With water so clear that you’ll be able to see the bottom of these beautiful blue pools
- Delicious food and music from the North East
- A GoMissing Chief Experience Officer who will ensure that you have an absolutely spectacular time on this trip
Our vehicle will pick you up from the Guwahati airport and drive you to Cherrapunjee. Although the distance is only 150 kms, the drive will be long as there is quite a bit of traffic on this route. En route you will cross the Umiam Lake and you’ll have time to stop over and take pictures.
Overnight – Cherrapunjee
Get ready for your first and quite an intense adventure. After breakfast, you will be driven some distance from your resort for a caving expedition. The experience is quite intense, so do be prepared. You will trek for about 4-6 kms about 100-150 ft underground and in complete darkness. The only light source will be strapped on your helmets. The experience and photographs of this will be a lifelong memory.
After the caving expedition, you will be driven back to the resort. Post this, you’re free to take a walk in the neighboring villages or relax at the resort.
You’ll witness some incredible natural and man-made creations – the Living Root Bridges and natural pools where you will be able to swim. Roots of a particular species of Bamboo are trained over 25 years and they form a sturdy bridge across a gorge/ river. These bridges are incredible marvels of Bio-Engineering. You will witness them in their entire splendor.
After driving a short distance, you will walk to the root bridges and back, followed by the drive back to the resort.
Mawlynnong, is considered the cleanest village in Asia. The little village, very close to the India – Bangladesh border is simply beautiful and is best explored on foot.
From Mawlynnong, Dawki is about 35 kms away and is the India – Bangladesh border. Timer permitting, you can drive up to Dawki on this day, or on the next day.
Drive time: 4 hours
From Mawlynnong, you will head back to Shillong which is the capital city of Meghalaya. In the evening, one can head out on foot to explore Shillong.
Some of the places to visit in Shillong are:
- Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous cultures
- All saints church
- Mawphlang sacred forest – About 25 km from Shillong
Today you’ll head out in your vehicle for a sightseeing tour around Shillong. A few places of interest which you can visit today are – Elephant falls, Mawphlang sacred forest, Shillong peak etc
Bid Adieu to Meghalaya as we drive you back to Guwahati for your flight home.
INR 38,250/- per person
Be prepared for
- The drive from Guwahati to Cherrapunjee might be long owing to traffic
- Caving will be exhilarating, but you need to be fit to truly enjoy this wonderful activity
- Treks will involve climbing stairs and walking for 10 – 12 km
- Incredible beauty
- The GoMissing Experience