Feel like an Explorer – A Journey to Remember
So, are you game for something awesome, something out of the ordinary?
GoMissing invites you for the trek to Kuari Pass. On the trek you will feel like an explorer as you find your way across the vast rolling meadows in the shadow of the Nanda Devi peak. You’ll get to camp in the wilderness, and learn how a camping site is chosen. You’ll get to collect firewood and water to sustain through the night. Worry not, our super team of explorers will be with you for the entire duration and make sure you have an absolutely awesome time.
During the trek, you will pass through some beautiful meadows, thick birch and oak forests and a few snow glaciers. The cold mountain air coupled with bright Sunlight, and some breathtaking views make this trek simply amazing.
The blue snow covered peaks that you will see during the trek include Hathi (6,727mtrs), Ghori (6,707 mtrs), Kamet (7,756 mtrs), Manapeak (7,272 mtrs), Neelkantha (6,596 mtrs), Chaukhamba (7,142 mtrs), Dronagiri (7,060 mtrs), Nanda Devi (7,817 mtrs), Trishuli west (7,035 mtrs) and Bethartoli (6,352 mtrs). Your final ascent will be to the Pangarchula Summit at 4,585 meters.
At the highest points on the trek, you will feel like you’re at the top of the world. We promise you that.
At a glance
- Duration: 5 nights/6 days
- Maximum elevation: 3,650 meters
- Starting & ending points: Dehradoon, Uttarakhand
- Trail: Gradual climb to the meadows with some steep climbs. Possibility of snow at some places
- Terrain: Meadows, thick birch and oak forests and a few snow glaciers
- Average walking per day: 3 to 5 hours
The drive from Dehradoon to Auli is long and breathtaking. En route you’ll see 4 confluences of the Ganges and drive along this mighty river the entire time.
Overnight at a guest house in Auli
Early morning, you will start trekking to the Gorson Bugyal/ Tali Lake, which is about 12kms from Auli. The trail passes through thick oak and rhododendron forests, and offers splendid views of the Himalayas.
You will trek for 2-3 hours covering a distance of 7Kms to reach the open campsite of Chitra Ghanta. While trekking, you will cross a thick birch and oak tree forest, and a narrow ridge which offers a beautiful view of the Khulara top.
Altitude: 3,767 m. Overnight camp at Chitra Ghanta
We are at the climactic point of our Kuari pass trek, as snow glaciers and the Pangarchula summit (4,585) lies ahead of us.
After reaching the Kuari pass, we will trek back to the Khulara campsite.
Overnight camp at Khulara/Gilgarh
Today you will trek downhill for 6-7 hours to reach Tapovan. At the road head, a vehicle will be waiting to to drive you back to Joshimath/ Auli.
INR 15,800/- per person
INR 14,800/- per person
Be prepared for
- 3-5 hours of trekking each day (easy)
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho)
- Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk at the altitudes and for the durations mentioned