Thinking about exploring a beautiful area you’ve never been to before, or thinking about your first step into the incredible world of trekking? You’ve reached the right place!
This easy grade trek to Lamadug meadows above Manali is the perfect trek for beginners and first timers. During the trek, you will witness the snow covered Himalayan peaks in their full splendor. You will camp in a lush green meadow area and then attempt to scale a 4,000 meters high peak.
At a glance
- Duration: 2 nights/ 3 days
- Maximum elevation: 4,050 meters
- Starting point: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Trail: Gradual climb to the meadows with some steep climbs. Possibility of snow at some places
- Terrain: Meadows and mixed forest of Cedar, Walnut, Chestnut and Maple
- Average walking per day: 3 to 5 hours
The initial part of the trail goes through a dense Cedar forest. Further on, you will walk through a dense forest of Maple, Walnut and Chestnut. About halfway to camp 1, you will reach a beautiful meadow area from where you’ll get a gorgeous bird eye view of Manali. The climb after this point is again through dense forests. After this steep climb, you will come across a gentle climb through forests to reach your campsite in the Lama Dug meadows.
This area is rich in Himalayan bird & wildlife and if you’re lucky, you might be able to spot a few birds and animals.
Starting altitude: 1,995 meters
Meadows altitude: 2,950 meter
The first part of the hike is through a Rhododendron and Juniper bush forest which will take you above the tree line. You’ll traverse the mountain and reach the back side of the peak from where you’ll push for the summit. Your hard work will be rewarded by spectacular sights which will make sure that you get hooked on to trekking!
After soaking in the views, you will hike downhill to the Lama dug campsite.
Khanpari tibba Altitude: 4,050 meters
Enjoy the views of Lama dug meadows till lunch and then hike back downhill to Manali.
Trip ends here.
INR 8,500/- per person –
Make payment (Using PayUMoney’s secure gateway)
Get in touch with us
Be prepared for
- 4-5 hours of trekking each day (easy)
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho)
- Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk at the altitudes and for the durations mentioned