Plan Your Weekend Getaway
The Nag Tibba, also known as the Serpent’s Peak, the highest in the Garhwal Himalayas, is an easy grade trek which takes you through mountainous forests rich in flora and fauna.
The 10 km trek starts from Pantwari and takes you through forests of Oak and Rhododendron to the Nag Tibba Summit, which offers a breath-taking view of the Bandar poonch Peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Chanabang Himalayas.
The Nag Tibba trek is a perfect weekend getaway with a climb through the forests to 3000 m, surrounded by lofty Himalayas and camping under the astoundingly beautiful starry skies.
At a glance
Early morning you’ll drive to Pantwari from where the trek starts. The trail is a gradual incline and goes through a dense mountainous forest. This route provides stunning views of Himalayan peaks and the Doon valley.
We camp overnight at the meadows above.
Drive time: around 3.5 hours
Pantwari altitude: 1,400 m
Base Camp altitude: 2,222 m
The next morning you’ll start early to climb to the Nag Tibba top which is around 4.5 km trek from the base camp. The trail to the top will be steeper than yesterday’s trek. The top provides magnificent views of Himalayan peaks all around. After soaking in the beauty and taking lots of pictures we head back to the base.
Nag Tibba top altitude: 3,000 m
Overnight at Nag Tibba Base
The last day of the trip, we descend to Pantwari village from where you will head back to Dehradun.
INR 7,950/- per person
Be prepared for
- 3-4 hours of trekking each day
- Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, night time temperatures will be low. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho).
- Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back
- In case of landslides or unexpected circumstances, there may be a change in the itinerary and a consequent rise in costs (this will be on actual)
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Very easy grade trek, no prior experience required. That said, you need to have basic fitness levels to walk for given durations and distances